Huntington Beach Reads One Book maintains this website as a joint and independent effort of the Huntington Beach Human Relations Task Force and the Huntington Beach Library Board of Trustees. For the purpose of this disclosure policy, the website shall be referred to as the HB Reads website or unless the context suggests otherwise.
The primary purpose of the HB Reads website it to convey information to users about the community-wide reading program Huntington Beach Reads One Book; and not to allow free and open dialogue between users.
Communications made through e-mail and messaging systems shall, in no way, be deemed to constitute legal notice to HB Reads or its agencies or representatives, with any respect to existing or potential claims or cause of action.
The goals of the HB Reads website are:
- To provide information about Huntington Beach Reads One Book programs, activities, and events;
- To promote the City of Huntington Beach's cultural quality of life;
- To promote reading as an opportunity to explore humanity and diversity
The purpose of the HB Reads website is to provide information about Huntington Beach Reads One Book programs, activities and events. The HB Reads website may provide hyperlinks to websites outside the HB Reads website that also serve this purpose. Huntington Beach Reads One Book is not responsible for, and does not endorse, the information on any hyperlinked website unless the HB Reads website states otherwise. The following criteria will be used by Huntington Beach Reads One Book to decide whether to public outside hyperlinks from the HB Reads website.
The HB Reads website will provide hyperlinks to websites for:
- Government and educational institutions relating to the subject matter of Huntington Beach Reads One Book;
- Generally recognized community or civic organizations who support or contribute to Huntington Beach Reads One Book;
- Generally recognized businesses who support or contribute to Huntington Beach Reads One Book;
The HB Reads website will not provide hyperlinks to websites for:
- Candidates for elected office;
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue;
- Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit the criteria stated above;
- Individual or personal home pages;
Hyperlinks will not be considered or approved by Huntington Beach Reads One Book if the exhibition of the content within the browser would also exhibit one or more of the following categories:
- Content which a reasonable Huntington Beach resident would find graphically depicts or describes violence, or nudity and/or sexual activities in a way designed to evoke prurient interest;
- Content which facilitates or incites crime;
- A hyperlink that directly links to other content that when perceived within a browser is in violation of any of the prohibited content stated above;
- Discussion groups, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and other largely unedited content created by individuals who are not owners, operators, or agents of the Huntington Beach Reads One Book website;
- Websites containing information that violates the City of Huntington Beach’s Declaration of Human Dignity.
Websites that have been approved and linked to from the Huntington Beach Reads One Book the city's website, but subsequently demonstrate any of the above categories of content, will be unlinked from this the city’s website without notice.